Thursday 26 November 2009

Note:

The idea for Meet Uloma came to me on a windy weekday morning as I walked to school, I saw this beautiful lady all covered up as Moslem women do, and I instantly wondered about her. Who is she? What does she do? What is her story? She was on the phone and I wondered Who is she talking to? And my creative mind began to take over.
A number of women world over have fallen for guys who turned out to be nothing but bad news. Someone who makes promises and then fails to deliver. Do you remember the pain in your heart when you realized you had been lied to, been betrayed been abandoned? Some of us in searching for something to fulfil us, to validate us we go after an array of things, material and superficial things and we come out still hungry. What can satisfy? What can satisfy?
Uloma is left feeling shameful and hurt about her past. Would her husband love her? What would be the outcome when the ‘word’ gets out? A lot of us hold things back because we know how easy it is for people to quit on us, we know how conditional the love of man and woman really is.

Women at the Well, is about everyday women who share with us, things they probably have not told anyone in their own lives. in the world we live in, it is so easy to cast a stone, to label someone negatively because of something they did. What I am trying to do is introduce COMPASSION, when Jesus met with the Samaritan woman at the well, a woman who had moved from man to man, he did not condemn her instead he reached out to what her true issue was, she was thirsty for something, and Jesus told her simply ‘I am what you are searching for.’

If you are like Uloma with a past you wish you can run away from, filled with a fear of what people will think of you once they know the truth. I can’t promise you that all the people in your life will stand beside you or see you the same way, but I can assure you that Jesus loves you and what man can not handle he can handle. Don’t let shame and self-condemnation keep you away come to the Well where He awaits you, to give you just what you need.


TISCHIONI MOORE
(c) 2009

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well written my friend!

chichi said...

@ Anon: hey, thanks for coming by.

Myne said...

This is so compassionate on your part. Thanks for this series and I love the notes idea. Well done.

Zoe Believer said...

Sweetness this is deep! Who doesn't know an Uloma or even who hasn't been Uloma! Keep it coming

chichi said...

@ Myne: thank you:) love the concept of ur blog.

@Bliever: my dearest! you have been on my mind o! I am just so busy rite now. hope all is well?

Spesh said...

Wow!
I love,keep it up!

Obosa said...

so so awesome.kip up d grt work.